Gallery

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A few from May (that I can show)

I've had the privilege of quilting a few quilts for the Portland Bridge Challenge recently, however we have all been sworn to secrecy until the unveiling later this year.   I can't wait to be able to share these beautiful works of art with you.

Until then here's a few beauty's I can share =)  
First up, Cornelia's lovely bed quilt.


We chose a finger meander with a clean diagonal piano key border.


Next up is Betsy's lap quilt.  


This is one of those quilts where I knew how I wanted to quilt it before it was completely unfolded.  And as usual Betsy let me have free rein.  This one was hard to give back  =)  The funny thing is Betsy felt the same way and decided to keep it rather than donate it as planned.  No worries she has more to share =).   Isn't it stunning?!


It was a mystery quilt.  Nice outcome eh! 


And finally Carries wall quilt.


I have to laugh over Carrie's love hate relationship with this project.  The darn thing wanted to have a life of it's own.  Shall we say it had a friendly center...... waving to all.   But she tamed it into submission and is quite happy with it now.


It was fun to work on.  We decided on a feather body to "eat" the fulness.  Her piecing was spot on, I'm guessing the panel was off.    I think it came out great!  Teamwork!

9 comments:

  1. Janet, Any. chance you know a source for Betsy's lap quilt? You said it was a mystery...I would love to make it for a young man who just went to college. Any direction would be helpful! (PS I found your blog from MQR. I am Beth in AZ/soccertxi/bzyqltr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, I've sent Betsy a message =) Hopefully we will hear something soon.

      Delete
  2. Love betsy,s mystry. Info on where to find directions would be awsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still working on getting info =) I should see Betsy soon!

      Delete
    2. Oh for heavens sakes, I posted the info on the wrong post! OK this is what Betsy had to say - The quilt is by Lawry Thorn at The Stitchin Post. It was her Fall 2013 Mini-Mystery. Because it was a mystery, she didn't have a name for it. Now when I look online, the pattern that most closely resembles it is All Tangled Up. Thank you Betsy!!

      Delete
  3. HI, I saw the mystery quilt by Betsy and love it! I'm wondering if there is a way I could contact her and ask about whether whoever did the mystery would sell the pattern? Or would you have any information on where I might find the pattern. Thanks so much, in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Carrie's wall quilt and would like further details please ??

    ReplyDelete
  5. On Cornelia's quilt you say you did finger meander. What is that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you find this pattern at

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...